For this week’s episode of the Going Pro Podcast Michael invites Silfath Sophia on the show to talk about the Money Mindset. Originally from Ivory Coast, Silfath moved to the United States to work as a banker, but took a big leap in 2017 when she started her own business as a fashion stylist. She later moved into Somatic Therapy and Movement for Women, and is now working as a healer and teacher in the wellness space. Silfath lives between Bali and Dubai.
Silfath has been in the entrepreneurial space for about 16 years and shares her experiences on this week’s show. Silfath became a full-time entrepreneur only 3 years after starting her own business. In this episode, Michael and Silfath talk about ‘how to get started’ as an entrepreneur in the wellness space.
Silfath shares about craft versus running a business. She explains that as an entrepreneur it’s essential to refine your craft and acquire the necessary business skills. But also to understand yourself, be aware of your ‘money mindset’, and your beliefs around success.
Silfath and Michael both acknowledge that confidence is essential for someone’s growth as an entrepreneur. Michael emphasizes that building confidence requires getting feedback. Feedback also implies being receptive to whatever is shared with you. Silfath’s strategy to grow confidence is having a mentor, a community, a support system, that could help brainstorm with.
Michael and Silfath furthermore discuss the act and dedication to ‘serve’ in the wellness space. Michael wraps-up the conversation by listing the phases of entrepreneurial growth and Silfath shares about the essential foundations on the entrepreneurial journey: money, success, leadership, and being seen and heard.
Silfath also touches upon the relationship with being seen and being heard. She discusses topics around self-sabotage, limiting beliefs, exposure, and cultural conditioning.
This week’s episode is full of entrepreneurial nudges to help you with your ‘money mindset’, and making your dreams happen as an entrepreneur in the wellness space.
- 00:00 Introduction
- 02:40 About Silfath Sophia
- 05:10 Entrepreneurship
- 06:47 Craft & Running a Business
- 08:45 Mindset & Beliefs around Money and Success
- 10:35 Turn your ‘Money Story’ around
- 11:25 Refining your Craft as a Teacher
- 12:31 Building Financial Stability
- 12:50 Craft versus Mindset, Belief & Sense of Identity
- 17:08 Building Confidence & Feedback
- 19:07 Women Entrepreneurship
- 21:12 The Feminine Relationship with Being Seen & Being Heard
- 24:42 The Money Mindset
- 26:38 Dedication to Serve
- 28:30 Offering Services
- 30:18 Setting a Price
- 32:14 Money as the Seed of Creation
- 34:00 Phases of Entrepreneurial Growth
- 35:38 Money, Success, Leadership, Being Seen/Being Heard
- 37:32 The Journey of Entrepreneurial Growth
- 38:55 Self-Worth & Self-Mastery
- 42:40 Final Thoughts on Having Community
Silfath’s Instagram: @silfath.sophia