In this week’s episode of the Going Pro Yoga Podcast Michael deep dives into the subconscious mind. He starts by sharing his analogy of ‘‘the subconscious mind as a book’’. This book becomes the autopilot where we move through life unconsciously with our actions, patterns and behaviours.
In Michael’s analogy, the conscious mind can be considered the author and reader of your book. As the author, you can ‘consciously’ add (or not add) information to your book. But this conscious decision-making requires focus, mental effort and energy.
Michael finished this episode with a valuable tip: allow time to think and for information to land, so that you can ‘consciously’ decide whether you agree or disagree with that new information. The choice is yours.
Listen to this week’s episode and become the author of your own book!
Psst. If you like our Podcast Show – show us some love! The Going Pro Yoga Podcast is a free resource and we want it to be accessible for all. Please leave us a review!
- 00:00 Introduction
- 01:50 The Iceberg Example
- 02:50 Conscious vs Unconscious
- 03:15 The Book Analogy
- 06:55 Subconscious Mind and Automatism
- 09:15 The Inefficiency of Being Conscious
- 10:40 Uncomfortable Things are NOT in Your Book
- 11:40 Making Changes and Energy Efficiency
- 14:40 Fear of the Unfamiliar
- 15:20 Collecting New Information
- 18:25 What Empowerment Means
- 19:30 The Realization of Choice
- 20:55 Giving Yourself Time to Think
- 21:55 Your Subconscious Mind is Powerless
- 22:45 Viktor Frankl’s Book
- 24:15 Final Thoughts