In this week’s episode, Michael shares his experience and tricks on managing nervousness. We all get nervous from time to time, especially when we stand in front of a group of people.
While it’s completely normal to feel this way, it most definitely can affect our ability to ‘perform’ or operate on a way that serves the room.
He also explains the basic function of the nervous system and quickly elaborates the science to apply it to real life situations. Additionally, Michael offers strategies for overcoming these moments.
- Episode Chapters:
- 00:00 Introduction
- 02:10 Basic function and structure of the Nervous System
- 05:15 The Somatic Nervous System
- 06:05 The Autonomic Nervous System
- 06:25 Introduction of the Sympathetic vs Parasympathetic
- 10:30 What to do when your brain is bruised
- 15:10 Talking about the Autonomic Nervous System: Sympathetic vs Parasympathetic
- 18:30 Conscious breathing and stimulating the Vagus Nerve
- 20:48 Tips for teaching yoga
- 22:15 Polyvagal theory and tips to regulate the Nervous System
- 26:05 Upregulating vs Downregulating
- 27:30 Being aware of your Nervous System state
- 30:50 How to deal with nervousness
- 33:00 Final tips