Do you struggle with controlling the room in your yoga classes?
Taking control of the room is an essential skill to master as a Yoga Teacher. If you struggle to control and lead a room full of students, the impact of your teaching will be much less effective. Gaining control of a room, and setting boundaries/rules, are essential to providing a desirable experience in your yoga classes.
Michael and Byron share their top tips for controlling your yoga classes, from the teacher’s and student’s perspectives.
They discuss the following topics:
- (01:47) Control, types of control and why it’s needed in a yoga classroom
- (03:14) Controlling the Environment (Airflow, Temperature, The Room)
- (06:10) Controlling the Humans (Demonstrating, Position in the room)
- (08:44) Manipulating the voice
- (08:58) Expert Tip – Using Balancing Poses
- (10:09) Summarizing the tips
- (11:36) Importance of Time Management
- (12:49) Using Positive Reinforcement
- (13:03) Most Important – Setting Rules at the Start of Class
These tips apply to all sorts of yoga classes, and teaching environments.
Whether you’re a power yoga teacher or yin yoga teacher.