In this episode Michael and Byron dive into what can spark, or reignite the passion of a new, aspiring or seasoned yoga teacher. They discuss the journey from being a student of yoga to signing up for a teacher training to jumping into the world of teaching.
Michael and Byron touch on finding the unique and personal reason that makes you want to teach yoga, as well as acknowledge all the roadblocks that may be in your way— physically, emotionally, and financially.
Michael and Byron also discuss the importance of both caring for your physical and mental health in order to support your day to day life and find clarity and resilience on your yoga teaching journey. Through stories of their own personal injuries, they each share how yoga helped them cope through the healing processes.
Byron goes into depth about the lifestyle of yoga and how he knew the path of yoga teaching was for him. From being a working actor in LA to moving to Bali, he shares the steps that led him from one place to another.
Together, they also emphasize that success comes from teaching for the right reasons, and that it will look different from one person to the next, as with anything in life. They touch on ways to find your own authentic voice and path.
- 7:50 – “Why would someone want to take a yoga teacher training?”
- 12:10 – How an injury may set you back in your yoga journey
- 16:00 – Byron talks about navigating his difficult back injuries as a yoga teacher
- 20:02 – Falling in love with the lifestyle of yoga
- 21:52 – Michael talks about finding the reason you want to teach yoga
- 24:50 – How your current or prior profession may impact your shift into being a full time yoga teacher
- 28:10 – How to merge your current life with your yoga teaching life and build up your career at a pace that works