In this exciting episode, Byron and Michael discuss a new and deeply transformative style of yoga called Empowerment Yoga that is designed to go straight to the core.
A lab-style class created by Byron which blends his roots of Bryan Kest’s power yoga style with the addition of InnerGuidance, a method developed by his mentor Amara Samata. The class prompts students to speak their truths out loud and find a layer of meaning far beyond the asana practice.
Byron explains the accelerated and therapeutic style of the class that asks you to become deeply honest with yourself and decipher— what really is true?
A class that expands the type of freedom and expression as we’ve once known it on the yoga mat, Michael and Byron expand on their own experiences within this permission-based class, and what it can offer to those who take it.
They discuss an upcoming 10-day training (Sept 21-30, 2023) for this style of yoga that will be held in September at the Yoga Barn in Ubud, Bali. As well as other platforms where you can experience a taste of this empowerment yoga class!
- 2:25 — Empowerment yoga stems from Bryan Kest’s original goals through his creation of power yoga
- 4:30 — What the feedback of this class has been from those who have taken it
- 5:00 — Byron breaks down: what is empowerment yoga?
- 8:00 — An example of truth facing as explored in the empowerment yoga class
- 10:00 — Description of unique elements of this class
- 13:10 — About Amara Samata, Byron’s mentor and inspiration for the class
- 15:20 — What can you expect in the Empowerment Yoga training?
- 20:10 — Where can people get a taste of this class?