In this week’s episode of Going Pro, Michael, Byron, and guest host Alyssa Goldberg break down: what is yoga? Each with unique backgrounds and levels of experience teaching yoga, the three share what yoga can look and feel like to practitioners at any level.
Together they discuss the impact this practice has had across the world over thousands of years. By looking at Google definitions of yoga, and also sharing what it means to each of them, the episode highlights the incredible depth of what the word “yoga” can mean.
In breaking down the mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual components of the practice, they shed light on how yoga can shift and change and grow with the individual.
They also dive into topics such as manifestation, magnetism, flexibility, connection, balance, co-regulation, peace, focus, strength, intimacy and breath — all with the intention of demonstrating how wide this one practice can reach and the difference it can make in one’s life.
- 00:00 Introduction
- 01:26 Purpose of asking: what is yoga?
- 02:38 Introducing episode guest, Alyssa Goldberg
- 05:42 Breaking down: What is yoga?
- 07:07 Google definition of yoga
- 09:27 The spiritual aspect of yoga
- 13:00 Balancing the nervous system
- 14:30 Yoga as union
- 17:30 Tracking conscious breathing
- 22:22 Making yoga your own
- 28:00 Intimacy and yoga
- 30:18 Connection and yoga
Alyssa’s instagram: @alyssangoldberg