In this week’s episode, Michael sits down with Carlos Tao, senior yoga teacher and founder of the FluidUs Academy. Carlos is from Cuban descent, and was born in the United States, now part-time living and working in Bali. Carlos is not your regular yoga teacher, as he’s on a journey to re-enchant myth and ritual, breathing life into old traditions, and helping shift what we do and what we see, and being available for our present living world.
Carlos starts by sharing his ‘backstory’ and what led him to exploring life beyond the ordinary, beyond the material world, to find magic and enchantment. He shares about his ‘slow journey’ towards finding ‘ultimate meaning’ and the many ways he explored to ‘see something else’, find answers, and follow his deep longing for something deep and profound.
Michael and Carlos discuss big topics, including: ‘magic’, our mythic understanding of ourselves, the cartesian split and other philosophical concepts, reviving ancient traditions, and exploring life outside of our senses.
Carlos talks about the ways to shift outside of the horizontal, and move into the vertical, where we can see the world beyond our lenses, experience mystical moments, and explore existence itself. He also explores the left and right brain way of seeing the world.
Carlos furthermore shares about the practices that allow us to move beyond our current framing and lenses, and to widen and broaden our vision of an enchanted world. Carlos offers movement, breath and myth practices, to experience the mystery of existence at the FluidUs Academy.
Curious to learn more from Carlos and experience magic?
Check out the Podcast Episode or join the FluidUs Fellowship: fluidUs Gathering and Fellowship (fluidusacademy.com)
- 00:00 Introduction
- 04:30 Life Beyond the Ordinary
- 06:30 Carlos’ Backstory
- 09:20 Mysterious Aspects of Traditional Religions
- 10:08 Left Brain and Right Brain Capacity
- 10:50 Exploring Ways to ‘See Something Else’ (Wayne Dyer’s Work, Psychedelics, etc.)
- 13:00 The Void of Enchantment and Mystery
- 15:00 Looking for Answers from a Sense of Inadequacy
- 17:15 Crossing Paths with Yoga
- 18:30 Talking about Magic
- 19:58 The Cartesian Split
- 22:00 Life Beyond our Senses
- 26:20 Shifting from the Horizontal to the Vertical
- 30:05 Talking about Judgment
- 33:45 Mystical Moments and Philosophical Concepts
- 37:20 The Left and Right Brain Way of Seeing the World
- 38:45 Reviving Ancient Traditions
- 41:20 Movement, Breath and Myth Practices
- 47:35 The FluidUs Fellowship: The Way of What is
- 48:50 The Plato Experiment
- 51:45 There is no Courage without Fear
- 53:00 The Breath
- 55:30 Final Thoughts